WAYS TO USE AVON SKIN SO SOFT BESIDES THE BATH
Avon’s Skin So Soft original bath oil’s crisp botanical scent has been a classic staple in many households over the years, but did you know it can be used for so many more things besides just the bath? It can be used for many common household cleaning problems as well as a bug repellent just to name a couple things on this list.
You can use both the bottled bath oil and the spray oil in most of the following tips. Choose your formulation according to usage.
Don’t Forget to Pin Me for Later!
WHEN DID AVON START SELLING SKIN SO SOFT?
Avon began selling Skin So Soft Bath Oil in 1961. The super versatile product line has expanded over the years to include lotions, shower gels, and seasonal scents. It is probably Avon’s most universally recognized product and has been a classic go-to product ever since.
Read a couple glowing reviews about Avon’s Skin So Soft below.
Annie - NY
Great Bath Oil I Been Using SSS Original For Over 34 Years!
The Original Skin So Soft smell is wonderful and it's great for keeping the mosquitoes away you won't get bitten.. not only will it keep the mosquitoes away but it will make you sleep real good at night after a bath or shower just rub this all over your skin it will make you feel real good take it from me i am a long time user
Nancy - TN
Love, Love, Love this product!!! 💕👍🏻
I use it everyday after I shower. It keeps my skin deeply moisturized & smells awesome too! I even use it on my kids at bath time. The original scent is also my family's secret weapon against mosquitoes & bugs in the summer months. Thanks Avon! 😁
HOW TO USE SKIN SO SOFT IN YOUR BEAUTY ROUTINE
- You can use Avon’s Skin So Soft as a bath oil. Pour a couple capfuls into running bath water.
- Apply it to damp skin after your bath or shower to moisturize your skin.
- It can be used to remove your most stubborn makeup. My daughter uses it for smudgey mascara that won’t budge.
- It makes a great tanning oil because it doesn’t contain sunscreen.
- It soothes light sunburn, which is handy if you used it for a tanning oil!
- Use it as a hot oil treatment to soften your cuticles.
- It makes a wonderful massage oil for tired muscles because it soaks right in but it is velvety-smooth on the skin as you rub it in.
- Use it to clean adhesive residue from your skin left from bandages.
- It lessens the sting of removing bandages from kid’s sensitive skin. Rub it on top of and around the bandage to loosen the adhesive.
- It will clean oil and grease off of your skin with ease!
- It will clean pen and marker ink off of the skin.
- Rub your hands with Skin So Soft before washing them to help loosen any dirt and grime. You will end up with cleaner hands.
- Helps relieve dry itching skin. Apply and rub into itchy patches of skin to alleviate dryness. It will also help your skin to retain its elasticity!
- Heal cracked skin with Skin So Soft. Rub on dry, cracked skin to help begin healing within 2-3 days.
- Avon’s Skin So Soft can help eliminate psoriasis in many cases.
- Shave with Skin So Soft. Use it for shaving legs and under arms. Helps razor to glide evenly and leaves skin moisturized and feeling smooth!
- Relax your feet! Pour a little into your foot bath to help moisturize your feet while you pamper them.
- You can remove chewing gum from hair, skin, and most nonporous surfaces better than peanut butter!
- Get rid of head lice! Saturate the affected head with Skin So Soft Original bath oil and wait for 15+ minutes. Rinse head under an outdoor faucet. Both the lice and nits will be smothered by the oil and should slip right out of the oily hair. Plus they hate the Skin So Soft Original scent. Shampoo the hair a couple of times to get the oil completely out. The lice will be gone and won’t come back!
- Get soft, shiny hair! Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner as usual and let it dry. Rub a dime size amount of Skin So Soft into your hair. It leaves your hair soft and glossy, not greasy!
HOW TO BUY SKIN SO SOFT ORIGINAL BATH OIL:
- Skin So Soft Original Bath Oil
- Skin So Soft Bonus-Size Original Bath Oil
- Skin So Soft Original Bath Oil Spray
Although the tips and tricks in this post are meant to be used with Skin So Soft Original Bath Oil, you can shop the entire Skin So Soft Collection in a variety of fragrances and formulations.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR HOUSE WITH SKIN SO SOFT
- It keeps bromine and chlorine from corroding metal and keeps the top of a pool pump filter lubed for easy opening.
- It is a great furniture polish! It’s a wonderful wood cleaner and conditioner for natural wood.
- It removes label and price tag adhesive residue from glass, metals, and most plastics.
- It removes soap scum from shower doors and curtains, and bathroom and kitchen figures.
- It removes lime and hard water deposits from fixtures, tile, shower doors and windows.
- It’s an oil lubricant for fitting pipe joints that won’t slip together.
- It cleans ink off most vinyl and painted surfaces.
- It cleans heavy oil and grease from nonporous surfaces.
- Rub on brass ornaments or figurines to help keep them from turning dark.
- Removes crayon from appliances and most painted surfaces.
- Wash cupboards with it mixed in your cleaning water to keep ants off and out of the cupboards.
- Use it to clean leather; it will also keep it soft and supple.
- Use it on your air conditioning screen filter – your incoming air will smell fresher and the filter is easier to clean.
- It cleans paint brushes easily and leaves them soft as new.
- It removes gum from carpets.
- Use it on running rails for sliding glass doors and windows.
- It removes liquid nail (paneling glue).
- Two glass bowls or glasses stuck together? Drizzle a little SSS down the sides and they’ll come apart easily.
- It cuts grease and cleans dirt from range hoods.
- Put a little in your mopping water to help keep crawling bugs out. (Not too much or the floor gets slippery.)
- If you find that you have paint stains on your hands from painting, use Skin So Soft to remove it from your hands instead of turpentine.
- Cleans permanent ink off stamps.
LAUNDRY TIPS AND TRICKS
- If a child wets their bed, spray the bedding and sheets with Skin So Soft before washing them. This will remove the urine odor and give them a fresh, clean smell.
- Add a cap-full of Skin So Soft Original bath oil to your laundry water when washing a load. It acts as a fabric softener and the scent will deter bugs away from you when you wear clothing washed with it.
- Use it to remove ring around the collar. Rub some Skin So Soft into the sweaty collar stains before you throw it into the wash. It will loosen the grime to allow your detergent to give it a better cleaning.
- Amazingly, it removes lipstick stains from clothing, upholstery, furniture, and carpets!
- Use it to remove scuff marks from yours or your kids patent leather shoes.
- Have an accident with a spilled candle? Use Skin So Soft to remove the candle wax from clothing, furniture, and carpets.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR CAR
- Use Skin So Soft to remove tar spots from your car without damaging the paint.
- Use it to clean vinyl dashboards, seats, and tops. It not only cleans nicely, but it also keeps everything soft while helping to prevent cracking. As an added bonus, it will also remove smoke odors left by cigarette smokers.
- After washing your car, use Skin So Soft as a tire dressing to shine up your tires and keep them looking new.
- Put some on a small washcloth and leave it in the car to help keep it smelling fresh and clean.
- It gently cleans heavy grease and oil from skin and nonporous surfaces. If you know someone who likes to work under the hood such as a mechanic, this is a great tip for them!
- It will remove tree sap from your car or truck without harming your paint job.
- Before you drive off to your destination, rub Skin So Soft on your headlights and grill. It will make insects slip right off when you go to remove them!
HOW TO USE SKIN SO SOFT TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR PETS
- Use Skin So Soft as an air deodorizer. Spray into the air and let settle. Kills nasty pet odors.
- Rub on your hands with Skin So Soft before and after working with your pets and farm animals. It will remove the strong pet odor from them.
- Barns: Use Skin So Soft as an inexpensive fly control spray. Mix a spray of 1 part Skin So Soft and 2 parts water in a spray bottle. Spray mixture on barn walls and floor to discourage insects from hanging around or to eliminate them before putting in the new bedding. As time permits, and if you can keep your animals out of the barn for a few hours – let the barn stand and air out before re-filling with bedding.
- It works great on animals of all types who may have dry skin.
- Flea Bath: You can use Skin So Soft as a flea shampoo or an after-bath rinse. Go to my post How to Easily Prevent Fleas with Avon Skin So Soft for all the details and formulations. An added benefit of using Skin So Soft on your dog besides flea repellent is that it replaces the oils lost from bathing that their skin needs to maintain comfortable skin.
- In between your dogs baths, spray them down with the homemade spray mixture from above post to help keep the fleas off.
- If your dog is suffering from dry skin, mix 1 tablespoon of Skin So Soft per gallon of water and use as a rinse.
- Spritz your pet’s coat once per week with Avon Skin So Soft dry oil and work it down to the skin. This will help keep their skin supple and their coats shiny and smelling fresh.
- If your dog happens to get tar or asphalt on the pads of their feet, rub Skin So Soft oil onto the affected area to loosen the gunk and then wipe off.
- Black Fly Spray: Use as a spray or a dip. 1 cup Skin So Soft, 1/2 cup liquid detergent and 3 gallons of water.
- Mosquito and Bug Repellent: Full-strength Skin So Soft will work but it can possibly leave your dog’s coat a little greasy. Here is an alternative. Make a mixture with 1 cup of Avon’s Skin So Soft Original bath oil, 1 cup of white vinegar, 1 cup+ of water, 5 cc of essential oil of citronella (from the health food store NOT the type you burn to keep insects away). Mix in a spray bottle and spritz your dog. This will keep the annoying pests at bay and cuts back on the greasiness.
- Try rubbing Skin So Soft Original bath oil or lotion into your cat’s skin for a natural way to help cats with flea problems and flea allergies. Fleas hate Skin So Soft.
- Skin So Soft can be used as a hoof polish. This will give a nice shine to the hoof without drying it out.
- You can use it as a muzzle, eye, and ear enhancer. It works great and as an added bonus, it will still keep the bugs at bay.
- Horses that have allergies and/or also get dry skin can get baths with Skin So Soft. Bathe your horse as usual. Fill a 5-gallon bucket with warm water and a cap full of Skin So Soft Original bath oil. Follow the bath by sponging this mixture all over her. Her coat will dry silky soft and she won’t feel so itchy anymore.
- Show Horses: Mix 5 parts water and 1 part Skin So Soft. Mist mixture on horses and brush it in. This will make their coats gleam and shine, but will also keeps bugs at bay so they don’t fidget in the show arena.
- Mosquito and Bug Repellent: Full-strength Skin So Soft will work but it can possibly leave your horse’s coat a little greasy. Here is an alternative. Make a mixture with 1 cup of Avon’s Skin So Soft Original bath oil, 1 cup of white vinegar, 1 cup+ of water, 5 cc of essential oil of citronella (from the health food store NOT the type you burn to keep insects away). Mix in a spray bottle and spritz your horse. This will keep the annoying pests at bay and cuts back on the greasiness.
HOW TO USE SKIN SO SOFT TO REPEL INSECTS
- Spray Skin So Soft on your flower arrangements at the cemetery to keep pests and animals away from them.
- Spray some on your rose bushes to deter deer from eating them.
- Spray on orchids and other flowers for moisture and to keep bugs away.
- Tomato plants: Make a spray of 1 part Skin So Soft and 2 parts water. Shake well. Spray your tomato plants to get rid of and repel tomato worms. Spray every 2-3 days for best results.
- Hummingbird Feeders: To deter bees try rubbing Skin So Soft on the feeder surface by the feeder ports.
- Sponge Skin So Soft around doors jambs, windows, and on screens to keep crawling bugs out.
- Screens can be lightly sprayed with Skin So Soft to repel no-see-‘ums and tiny gnats that otherwise might slip through the screens.
- Rub Skin So Soft all over your window sills to keep ants out. It will kill ants instantly.
- Skin So Soft kills spiders. Spray pest to kill.
- Skin So Soft kills earwigs. Spray pest to kill.
- Get rid of maggots in your trash cans. Spray or drizzle and swish Skin So Soft inside your trash can and lid. Let sit. Flush out dead maggots and debris with warm soapy water. Kills current maggots and repels bugs for the rest of the Summer.
- Use Skin So Soft to discourage hornets from building their nests. After using a hornet killing spray and removing the nest, spray the area with Skin So Soft regularly. This will prevent the hornets from trying to rebuild there.
- Put Skin So Soft Original bath oil into a hose sprayer bottle to spray down your lawn. This will cut down on the amount of mosquitoes, ants, and other crawling bugs.
- Use Skin So Soft in an outside oil burner to repel bugs. You can use either the tealight candle version or an electric one if your patio has access to an outlet. Place about a capful or more of the Skin So Soft Original bath oil into the warming reservoir and let warm. It works better than citronella candles and your patio will smell amazing!
- If you like to make candles, another option is to make a couple candles with Skin So Soft Original bath oil mixed into the wax. Burn them outside in the Summer like you would with a citronella candle.
CAMPING HACKS WITH SKIN SO SOFT
- Spray Skin So Soft on the outside of your tent. Pay close attention to spraying it near the door and windows. It keeps mosquitoes away!
- Applying Skin So Soft to bug and mosquito bites helps to alleviate itching.
- Use Avon’s Skin So Soft oil as an insect repellent. You could also try DEET-free Skin So Soft Bug Guard in a variety of formulations.
Disclaimer: Avon’s Skin So Soft bath oil is approved by the FDA and CDA only as a bath oil. Avon does not endorse the use of Skin So Soft bath oil for anything other than a bath oil.
- How To Easily Prevent Fleas With Avon Skin So Soft
- 15 Household Uses For Vinegar You’ve Probably Never Tried!
- Vinegar Laundry Hacks Everyone Should Know!
- 10 Bathroom Cleaning Hacks To Make Your Life Easier
If you love Avon products and would like to browse the current online brochures, coupons and deals, head over to my Avon Brochure page.
Want to go straight to the source and shop everything Avon has to offer? Go to my Avon Store Website right now and get started! I recommend going to the Brochure page mentioned above first so you can take advantage of any amazing deals that may be going on!
What’s your favorite way to use Skin So Soft?