HEALTHY BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE BOWL RECIPES YOU MUST TRY!
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and with these high quality, organic ingredients, one of these breakfast smoothie bowls are definitely going to nourish you and prove that theory true.
I myself absolutely love to make smoothies with bananas, spinach, and various frozen fruits. I have even been known to make the occasional bowl of nice cream which is a healthier version of ice cream. For whatever reason though, I never thought to put toppings on it or eat it for breakfast. So this new spin on the concept sounds amazing and novel to me!
WHAT ARE BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE BOWLS?
Breakfast smoothie bowls, also known by some people as Nice Cream, is essentially just frozen fruit & veggies blended together and topped with wholesome, tasty ingredients.
Most recipes consist of a base of frozen bananas blended with a smaller portion of other fruits, leafy greens, nut butters, or flavorings. Sometimes things like almond milk, juice, and yogurt are also added to give it a smoother, creamier texture.
The bowls are then topped with anything from whole & dried fruit, granola and oats, all the way to coconut shavings, nuts and seeds. You can even drizzle them with a little honey or agave for an added bit of sweetness.
The whole point is for it to be more filling and satisfying than a regular smoothie, which can be gulped down within minutes. There is nothing worse than trying to eat (or drink in this case) a healthy breakfast and then end up being miserable or even worse still, grabbing something unhealthy because you are starving long before lunch time arrives. Plus, they’re pretty, right?
Check out my list of both tasty and beautiful breakfast smoothie bowls below. Tell me in the comments which one is calling your name!
Don’t Forget to Pin Me for Later!
Do You Need A Great Blender To Get The Smoothest Smoothie Bowl Ever? Consider These Recommendations.
- Kitchenaid K400 Variable Speed Blender – This blender effortlessly crushes ice to a snow like consistency and makes the most creamy smoothies. It does it all including easily blitzing coffee beans for a professional level smooth blend. You’ll enjoy a super easy clean up too because of the 30-second preset option.
- Nutribullet Blender Combo – You get a 64 ounce blending pitcher and 2 personal to-go cups so you can easily switch between recipes without compromising performance. Any leafy greens in your smoothies or other recipes will come out fleck free no matter which accessory you use.
- Vitamix A3500 Ascent Series Smart Blender – This one is worth the splurge. Vitamix is the creme de la creme of the blender world. It’s equivalent to what Dyson is to the vacuum world. This Vitamix connects to an app that takes the abilities of this blender to new levels with additional programs and curated recipes. You can use it to effortlessly blend anything from icy drinks and smoothies to soups and dips.
TURQUOISE BLUE SKIED BEACH BREAKY SMOOTHIE BOWL
Isn’t this bowl gorgeous? It looks so juicy and tart. Smoothie Bowl credit. Click through for recipe details.
PINK SMOOTHIE BOWL
Rose and raspberry with a bit of rolled oats make up this gentle beauty. Smoothie Bowl credit. Click through for more recipe details.
ACAI AND BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE BOWL
Pretty blooms for a pretty bowl. Smoothie Bowl credit.
MERMAID SMOOTHIE BOWLS
Even mermaids need to stay healthy, and what better way than this pretty banana blueberry bowl? Smoothie Bowl credit.
MATCHA SMOOTHIE BOWL
Peanut butter and cashew milk give it muscle power! Smoothie Bowl credit. Click through for the recipe details.
SWEET AND SOUR SMOOTHIE BOWL
This raspberry, pink pitaya, and lime flavored bowl looks so refreshing. Smoothie Bowl credit. Click through for recipe details.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN SMOOTHIE BOWL
I mean come on, it’s chocolate and peanut butter. How do you go wrong with that? Smoothie Bowl credit. Click through for the recipe details.
GOLDEN MANGO SMOOTHIE BOWL
This one has turmeric blended into it. That’s a whole lot of health benefits right there! Smoothie Bowl credit.
PRETTY IN PINK SMOOTHIE BOWL
Don’t be fooled by the sweet and innocent name. This one has maca root powder and hemp hearts in it. It means serious business. Smoothie Bowl credit. Click through for the recipe.
OH MINT GREEN SMOOTHIE BOWL
She has a little bit of everything in her for vitamins and protein but the best part? She’s MINT-aay!! Smoothie Bowl credit. Click through for the recipe.
PINK PARADISE SMOOTHIE BOWL
This one is technically considered a porridge bowl but hey, it’s good to mix it up once in a while, right? Porridge Bowl credit. Click through for the recipe.
BLUE NICE CREAM SMOOTHIE BOWL
It’s so blue and mesmerizing, but you know, good for you too so eat up. Smoothie Bowl credit. Click through for the recipe.
- 7 Habits Of Girls Who Never Gain Weight
- Pretty Smoothie Bowls That Are Almost Too Gorgeous To Eat!
- Decadent Dessert Smoothie Bowls You Won’t Feel Guilty Eating!
- 10 Hearty Soups To Cozy Up To This Winter
Do you know someone who would also enjoy one of these healthy smoothie bowls? Share this post with them on Facebook. While you’re there, come see me and say hello on Moosie Blue’s Facebook page. I love new visitors!